Electric Chainsaw is one of the most modern cutting tools now. The device is powered by electricity connection. It can be helpful for your all kind of small menial cutting, pruning and trimming. It is a new invention of chainsaw history. Before appearing the electric chainsaw, people were using gasoline chainsaw for all sorts of cutting task. After the introduction of the electric chainsaw, it is dominating the market. The device has some demand to the people for its lightweight, low price and decent power. People of all sectors such as homeowners, craftsmen, arborists, florist, lumberjacks and many other people use the chainsaw widely. All of the people want to buy the best chainsaw in the market but they don’t know how to choose and how to own the best one.
Classification of Electric Chainsaw
Its cord system can divide the electric chainsaw. http://www.chainsawreviewed.com/ There are two types of the electric chainsaw in the market according to its cord appearance. They are-
- Corded Electric Chainsaw: The corded chainsaws are powered from an outlet. The main disadvantage of a corded chainsaw is the presence of cord. The models can’t be utilized as a part of remote reigns without a generator because the line confines use to areas within 100 feet of an outlet. It is heavier to bring anywhere. But even all these cons, corded chainsaws are the better option for heavier cutting applications. All the powerful electric chainsaws are corded chainsaw.
- Cordless Electric Chainsaw: Cordless chainsaw doesn’t contain any types of cord or outlet. The models are runs on rechargeable batteries. However, the corded chainsaws are better powerful for cutting but nowadays cordless chainsaws are being sturdy. Many production companies of electric chainsaw are making powerful cordless chainsaw with heavy battery.
Electric Chainsaws are again classified according to their power level. Different types of people use different types of electric chainsaw according to their needs. In this category, they are divided into three types.
- Low-liability Electric Chainsaw: This chainsaws weight in at about 7 to 10 pounds. The typical horsepower differs up to a greatest around three. The low-ability electric chainsaws are ideal for lighter yard work like hedge clipping, tree trimming, etc. The lighter chainsaw is easily controlled by anyone and enough calm to use anywhere.
- Mid-liability Electric Chainsaw: The mid-liability electric chainsaws weight in at about 10 to 13 pounds. They are heavier than the low-liability electric chainsaw. They are more suitable for more substantial work like cutting a small branch of a tree, chopping firewood, mild logging, etc. this type of chainsaws are more demand-able to the user for their durability and notable work power.
- Proficient Electric Chainsaw: These are the most powerful electric chainsaw. The proficient electric chainsaws are weighing as much as 22 pounds. It has longer bars and is designed for cutting large trees, tree trunks, thick branches, etc. The chainsaws are the first choice of professional landscapers and loggers. They use it for regular and heavy cutting. Homeowners don’t need this type of powerful cutting tools. But many people have to make a huge amount of firewood for daily basis or have to clear-cut broad swathes of property; they should own it.
Features of Electric Chainsaw:
Features are the most important things to know accurately about an electric chainsaw. You have to consider four things when you buy an electric chainsaw, they are-
- Control bar length
- Chain Catcher
- Motor power (Amp, CC or Volts)
- Decompression Valve
- Chain Brake
- Fitness or strength level of the user
- Safety features
Pros and Cons of Electric Chainsaw
- Portable to anyplace
- It’s much calmer than gasoline chainsaw
- It’s anything but difficult to start and work quicker
- Easy to handle
- Prudent to operate
- It is lighter and more secure than gasoline chainsaw
- It can be utilized inside the home
- No fuel and oil to blend
- No fumes or exhaust to breath in
- Less power than gasoline chainsaw
- It has limited versatility if corded by chance
- It has no chain brake
- Confined Bar length go (under 20” )
- Restricted to light to medium commitment
- Electric shock hazard if working in wet conditions
- Not able to fell substantial trees.
How to use an electric chainsaw
Using an electric chainsaw is not so easy. To make the best use of an electric chainsaw, the operator must be concerned about the using process of the chainsaw. At first follow the user manual of your chainsaw model. Then start to work- http://www.ehow.com/how_5128378_use-electric-chainsaw.html
- Pull the Start/Stifle control out to the ON position; allow the oil to lubricate the chain properly.
- Hold the front handle with your left hand
- Get the back handle/trigger with your right hand
- Get the position- keep the tree between the two legs if you want solid support
- Start to cut with the focal cutting point of the blade
- Don’t force the saw when it is cutting the wood, allow the chain to cut by itself frequently otherwise it will make kickback to you
Electric chainsaws are considered as the most popular cutting tools of today. There was a time when people use an ax for cutting trees or trunks, stone or crafts, wood or branch. It was much affording and time killer. But today we can use chainsaw which is runs by electricity. So, if you are searching a chainsaw to buy and a beginner on this factor, please be informed about the term and policy of the tool.